Here’s to another round of the finish along! It just keeps getting better and bigger every year. The logo this year is a beaut!
If you’re new around here, this is a good description of what the FAL is:
The FAL is a low pressure community event that allows you to make a list of projects that have already been started but not finished and thus are hanging about in your sewing room as UFOs. The list is linked up at the beginning of a quarter and then at the end of the quarter you link up a link for each item on your list that you finished. Each link is an entry into the random draw for great prizes sponsored by our generous sponsors. There is no penalty for not finishing something on your list.
I had moderate success in 2016; here’s what I finished in each quarter: Q1 0%, Q2 29%, Q3 36%, Q4 23%. I’m actually okay with these numbers because I still got projects finished. Which is a good thing!
Here is what I’m attempting for 2017 Q1, and what step I’m at in the project.
|2||gridlocked/cross hatch||backing, quilt, bind|
|3||Mighty Lucky July – bananas||backing, quilt, bind|
|4||charm squares quilt / scrappy stars||layout|
|5||blue 15 min X&+||quilt and bind|
|6||rainbow log cabin grey/white||quilt and bind|
|7||F door quilt||rows|
To interpret my notes for you: two need to find backings and get quilted and bound, two have backings and need quilting and binding, one needs starting (hooray!), and three are somewhere in the middle of piecing.
Edited to add a couple more time sensitive projects:
My guild’s PITA charity quilt. Appliqué was NOT a good thing to do for a group project.
And I’m doing the #MQGSwap! It’s due in February so I need to get that done. Lots of ideas though so it will be a fun finish.
This year the FAL is hosted by a global community of bloggers:
- Rhonda – Rhonda’s [Quilt] Ramblings – USA
- Nicky – Mrs Sew & Sow – Great Britain
- Jess – Elven Garden Quilts – Australia
- Abigail – Cut & Alter – Great Britian
- Izzy – Dizzy Quilts – Canada
- Ella – Throw a Wench in the Works – USA
- Lucy – Charm about You – Great Britain
- Sarah – Sew me – Northern Ireland
- Judith – Just Jude – Northern Ireland
- Felicity – Felicity Quilts – Canada
- Marci – Marci Girl Designs – USA
- Karen – Capitola Quilter – USA
- Leanne – She Can Quilt – Canada
Have fun finishing your projects everyone!