I’m Nicole and welcome to my blog! I like quilts very much.
Some of you are regular readers but I hope lots of you are here via the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop hosted by: Yvonne @QuiltingJetgirl, Beth @CookingUpQuilts, and Leanne @SheCanQuilt. I’m in Leanne’s group and we’re called “Let’s Bee Quilt’n.”
My blog is a several times a week look at my works in progress and occasional finishes. I try to write with humour and enjoyment for what I’m doing. I started blogging in fall 2015.
I like all quilts but I do prefer more modern ones. My very favourites are scrap quilts. I’ve got some twenty-odd quilts under construction right now but I am working hard to finish off the ones that have been lingering for a while now.
Here is a look at some recent and favourite quilts.
This quilt has been quilted and just needs a fabulous binding of black and white stripes. You can read all about this one HERE.
- I’ve been quilting since 2007.
- I have completed 64 quilts (not including the ones still under construction.)
- I keep track of all my quilts with a spreadsheet.
- I co-founded the Victoria MQG in 2013 and was president until January 2017.
- I have also just taken over as the host of The Needle and Thread Network. The NTN is an mid-week open link-up page for Canadian fibre artists or stitchers or sewists. If it’s fibre, you can share it.
- You can go here for a narrated tour of my sewing room.
I like this picture of me at a recent guild meeting:
I hope you visit my blog again. Because it would be fun to have you around but also because I’m having a great big tidy up and clear out quilt sale in a couple of weeks. I need more space for all the quilts I have yet to make!
According to my prompt sheet for the blog hop, there are some scripted bits to cover:
- Blogging tip: crop your pictures! I want to see your project or fabric, not your messy table or your pets.
- Quilting tip: if you stitch it, press it! Set your seam, then open it up and press again. Your piecing will be flatter and your quilts better.
- Random trivia fact: I work occasionally as a roadie at rock concerts.
- Blogging question for you: if you read blogs in a aggregator/reader and a blog is truncated, do you click to read more or you do skip that post?
And that’s me! Thank you for visiting my blog and for reading this far. If you’d like to read my blog regularly, there are options to follow me at the top right hand side of the home page. Or I’m on Instagram @handroughtquilts.
Oh wait…what about the prizes I mentioned? You have to check out any one of the hosts’ blog posts for the rafflecopter entry. Beth @Cooking Up Quilts, Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl, and Leanne @She Can Quilt.
This week you can enter to win one of these eleven prizes:
- Fat Quarter Shop – $50 Gift Certificate
- Aurifil 12 Large Spool Bundle
- Hawthorne Threads – $40 Gift Certificate
- Meadow Mist Designs – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
- The Quilter’s Planner – 2018 Planner
- Story Patches – Starter Kit
- Make Modern Magazine – A 6 month subscription
- Devoted Quilter – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
- Quilting Jetgirl – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
- Cooking Up Quilts – Winner’s Choice of (2) Digital PDF Patterns
- she can quilt – (1) Digital PDF Pattern
The other gals in my hive this week are: