End of it, finally

About a month ago I started sewing strips and strings together, with a rough plan in mind. I’m pleased that as of yesterday I’ve *finally* finished this task I set myself.

I created 3.55m of warm colours, and 5.6m of cool colours. WOF is 42″-45″. This is pretty heavy fabric with so much thread and seam allowances.

IMG_8237

K, I know it’s kind of a weird picture and really hard to stage beautifully. So eff it. This is stretched out across my house.

Here is what I have in mind to make using these string sheets. I do want to work my way through Sherri Lynn Wood’s improv book to stretch myself. I like precision, and patterns, and I tend to work small-ish. For this I’m cutting with scissors and working large.

IMG_8239

Made a sample block to test it out. This will measure ~16″x24″ once sewn. I like it a lot.

4 thoughts on “End of it, finally

Comments are awesome. So are you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s