Hello! It’s been a weird week for me. A very emotionally intense start to it, then catching up on the rest of the life stuff.
I’m also at the end of a bunch of projects so have the itchy, restlessness which accompanies the finishes. I want to but don’t want to start something new as I still have other projects to finish!
But let’s see if I can even recollect my own accomplishments in recent weeks:
- my quilts came back from the show. One sold, several did not.
- I’m slow motion hand quilting the plus quilt.
- Remember that bag I made myself? I though it was sooooo awesome I made one for each of my girls to use as a swim bag. Except they picked nearly identical fabrics to each other (so now we can’t tell the bags apart) and the bags are a bit too big for a kid’s swim bag. They wound up being not a fail exactly, but more a meh finish.
- I did finish the mini for my swap but as it’s still en route I can’t share a picture. It came out great though and I *am* pleased with the finish.
- I survived Valentine’s day, aka the “super bowl for cake decorators”
- QuiltCon happened and I wasn’t even consumed with jealousy this time around! Hooray for personal growth!!
Tomorrow is March which is my month for the longarm (my co-owner and I alternate months if you’re new here). I’m doing a client quilt so that will be exciting to do and get paid for!
For my next piecing project I’m thinking fairly mindless, definitely scrappy, maybe with strips? Got any good pattern suggestions for me?