P’raps you’ve heard of this or seen it floating around the interwebs? It’s a little thing called the “One Lovely Blog Award.” It works pretty much like a chain letter but I think the sentiment is still nice.
And since today marks one whole year of this blogging endeavour, what better way to mark the occasion than with an award?
Lisa of Sunlight in Winter Quilts has been kind enough to nominate me (me!) for this. It doesn’t come with a statuette or a purse of any size but I’m really touched that someone likes my blog enough to nominate me. I don’t know how Lisa found my blog in the first place but she is one of my most frequent commenters. Thank you Lisa for thinking of me.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog. done
- List the rules. you’re here now
- Display the image of the award on your post. see above
- List seven facts about yourself. see below
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them. that’s way at the bottom, after all the embarrassing stuff about me
Here are 7 facts about me:
- I’m short. I climb on counters to reach stuff.
- I love all the colours all the time.
- I chopped off the tip of my thumb with a rotary cutter almost two years ago.
- I’ve had waist length hair twice and have also shaved my head down to the shortest stubble. And I’ve had green, blue, purple, yellow, and glow in the dark hair.
- A scrap isn’t a scrap unless it’s smaller than 5″ square. Everything bigger is yardage.
- I have never drunk a cup of coffee. Tea for me!
- I learned to sew on an industrial machine. After that domestics seemed so slow.
Now that you know a bit more about me I’m supposed to nominate some other bloggers for the award. I went through my list of blogs I read and chose these ones. I chose people whose art I like and people who post frequently or semi frequently.
Cynthia @Cynthia Frenette (I’ve never met Cynthia but she started a MQG branch in her city as did I so there’s that, and she’s an amazing artist/quilter/designer/etc/etc.)
Gail @I Think Sew (I like Gail’s quilts and her attitude to life.)
Lynn @Buttons Quilts (Lynn and I are in a year-long, country-wide mini charm swap group together. She has an amazing stash.)
Marla @Penny Lane (Marla and I live in different countries but we can almost see each other’s houses.)
Mary Fons @Papergirl (needs no introduction. She has no idea who I am.)
Monika @My Sweet Prairie (we’ve mailed back and forth a couple of times. AMAZING stitched artist.)
Netta @My Colour Queue (Netta’s my friend in real life and I encouraged her to start her blog!)
I know Mary Fons and maybe a couple of the others don’t need the referrals from tiny old me but I do like reading their adventures and the art they make and I admire them. So they’re included for that reason. My taste might differ from yours but I do hope you’ll check some of them out.
Thanks again Lisa, and here’s to the next year of Handwrought Quilts.