Binding made – check
To ensure maximum effect of pattern matching, get bottle of washable school glue – check
Binding sewn to front of quilt – check
Realize a heavy hand with the glue bottle is a bad thing – check
Decide to wash quilt in its present state – check
Block quilt, because hey it’s wet and needs blocking at some point – check
So, so worth it.
I’ve handsewn through three episodes worth of “Star Trek: Discovery” so far.
It’s been so long, I forgot how to do it.
On the one hand, that will make the worst binding in the world. On the other hand, at least I’m making binding for something.
Spent all day working away at the tea leaves quilt. Decided on binding (the grey crosshatch from the backing), trimmed, made the binding, sewed it on, and buried threads. Still to do: check the back for stray threads I missed, fix four inches of stitching, and re-do the binding. And wash it.
It seems that I’m having trouble with my binding these days…not sure why exactly. I machine sewed this one and half-way through wished I was hand sewing it. I finished it anyway so that I can take pictures and then I can re-do it at my leisure. Or not.
I’m looking forward to seeing it washed. The crinkly goodness will be amazing!
Today I finished quilting the last block on my grey tea leaves quilt. Hooray! I had actually done all the blocks on the longarm, finishing it on October 11th, but there was one block I wasn’t happy with so I re-did it on my domestic. Doing a one inch checkerboard on a 22″ block on a domestic machine does take a while.
Now it’s time to bury threads and get it bound. I’m torn between two fabrics: the first is Carolyn Friedlander’s screen/crosshatch fabric (which I used as the backing) and the second is this cool large dot I bought to be the binding for this quilt. But now it’s time and I’m having second thoughts about using it. The dots have a diameter of 1.25″.
Here’s a mock up with the dots:
And with the crosshatch:
And a random pic:
Mid-week link ups: Let’s Bee Social and the Needle & Thread Network