Tidied up and put fabric away today which always feels good. But even though I’ve been trying really hard not to buy fabric this year I sure am running out of room to store my fabric. Go figure.
I also sewed together rows on Gridded:
Well spotted if you noticed the top and bottom look a bit unfinished. I need to sew those and a few bits for the holes on the sides also.
If I push really hard I could finish this by the end of the year. Not sure if I want to do that though because knowing me, important things would be sacrificed to do so. While I dither about that I want to consider possible backings. Geometric? Curvy something? Mostly plain coloured? Wildly coloured? Whatever I like best from the sale table?
Today I made the last block for the “gridded” quilt. When I pulled this project out again I was kind of fed up with it and wanted it done. But there’s been a lot of love for this and now I’m tempted to keep going and make it king size! If I do that though I’m sure I would stall again (and the cycle would repeat.) Let’s get this done.
I freaked out a bit after I made my strip set, thinking it looked like Nemo but it turned out okay in the end.
A look at the values of all the blocks. You’d be surprised about which colours are which.
Tonight I wanted to decide the layout so I can continue making progress. Since I have to put away my design wall when it’s not in use (go through one doorway, a 180° turn, another doorway and down a few stairs), I pin blocks to the wall. This quilt currently has 40 pins keeping it secure so I re-arranged my kitchen and laid the design wall flat on the kitchen table.
It worked! I am a genius!
Tomorrow I will pick up some white for all the in between squares and make more progress.
I also need my design wall for the quilt I want to make for quiltcon. That’s right, I need to start that one. Submissions close in ten days, 23 hours. Eek!