I am so completely blocked on my current quilt the frustration is contagious and other parts of my life are getting grumpy. I want to sew but won’t let myself start other projects. Grrr.
Here’s where it was most recently. I’m sure I’m just totally over-thinking all of it, and that it’s better than I fear.
We’ll see if I can convince myself about that.
In other news, this summer I scored some 9m of fabric for future backings for <20$!
My husband also found me a massive Olfa cutting mat for 4$ at a garage sale. It’s in better condition than mine so that’s a definite win!
This weekend I made two pathfinder sashes and one guide sash for a few girl guides I know. Did you know that Canadian army officers used to have their own personal tailors make their uniforms? Yes I make the sashes because it is so much cheaper that way.
I also bartered with my SIL to re-line her favourite winter coat in exchange for a photoshoot. Today I found the most lovely red heavy weight stretch bridal satin to use. This is a fiddly project but one I don’t mind doing.
And here’s how I spent the day before school started:
The big two are mine, the little ones are my nieces.
I always feel like the beginning of the school year is the new year, so happy new year everyone! And happy fourth blog anniversary to me. Thanks for being here.
Hello! It’s been a weird week for me. A very emotionally intense start to it, then catching up on the rest of the life stuff.
I’m also at the end of a bunch of projects so have the itchy, restlessness which accompanies the finishes. I want to but don’t want to start something new as I still have other projects to finish!
But let’s see if I can even recollect my own accomplishments in recent weeks:
- my quilts came back from the show. One sold, several did not.
- I’m slow motion hand quilting the plus quilt.
- Remember that bag I made myself? I though it was sooooo awesome I made one for each of my girls to use as a swim bag. Except they picked nearly identical fabrics to each other (so now we can’t tell the bags apart) and the bags are a bit too big for a kid’s swim bag. They wound up being not a fail exactly, but more a meh finish.
- I did finish the mini for my swap but as it’s still en route I can’t share a picture. It came out great though and I *am* pleased with the finish.
- I survived Valentine’s day, aka the “super bowl for cake decorators”
- QuiltCon happened and I wasn’t even consumed with jealousy this time around! Hooray for personal growth!!
Tomorrow is March which is my month for the longarm (my co-owner and I alternate months if you’re new here). I’m doing a client quilt so that will be exciting to do and get paid for!
For my next piecing project I’m thinking fairly mindless, definitely scrappy, maybe with strips? Got any good pattern suggestions for me?
- local MQG guild elections last week, now there is another past president to keep me company
- I found 3.5m of Jay McCarroll “City Centre” in this colour way for THREE DOLLARS.
It’s brand new, never washed. I think it looks like a disease under a microscope but it’s enough for a twin backing or I can re-sell it. B/c who wouldn’t snap up ~70$ worth of fabric for 3$?
- I quilted a quilt for a friend last week. Trickiest mo-fo pantograph I’ve tried out.
Ask me how I feel about this one. Wait, I’ll just tell you. Scared, intimidated, annoyed, pissed off, grudgingly okay, somewhat competent, totally zen. 81″ square quilt. Each pass of the panto was 9″ wide and took a FULL bobbin.
- I have two quilt tops in progress, one the giant voile pluses, which is now in rows but needs to be in one piece like, yesterday, and the other is in 16 blocks and four borders and needs to be in one piece like, asap. These two quilts are 40% of my “big plans for 2019” – maybe I’m feeling more ahead than usual so therefore lost?
- I think that’s about it for fabric stuff at this moment. I am reading more books than I have for the past couple of years so I’m pleased about that. Yay me!