Day 179

I got the rare treat of attending the guild sew-in today. Got there late and left early but I still had three hours of uninterrupted sewing. Made 13 of the last 17 blocks for the 15 minutes of play blue blocks. It seems that every time I double checked my math I found my self needing more blocks, so it wound up being 96 blocks needed. I still need four, but ONLY FOUR!!!

Tonight I pulled out the orange solids and the indigo solid (thank you Gala for that remnant two years ago; 1.25m for 12$). Cut a few bits from scraps to test the sizes needed. Aah, the joys of pattern testing as you go. Sometimes you cock it up, $*#!@%! But then you get it right.

Advertisements

Day 31

Still sick. But clear headed enough to run through the yardage calculations for the log cabin quilt.Rainbow log cabin

And it was worth doing too. The pattern called for 1.6m each of grey and white, .25 of 16 coloured fabrics, .3 of the focus, and .7 for binding. Total yardage (as written) is 8.2 m for the top and binding.

I planned my cutting carefully and got it down to 1.5m each grey and white, .2 of 16 colours, .2 of focus and .55 for binding. Total according to ME is 6.95m for top and binding AND I’m making the blocks bigger with one extra round of logs.

You can see that it is worth reading through written patterns and checking the cut list carefully.